Berlin-based techno princess and BPitch Control label boss, Ellen Allien, has mixed the 34th installment in the acclaimed Fabric compilation series, out early/late May.
Allien’s mix features her favorite tracks of last year, as well as new ones, with cuts by the likes of Damian Schwartz, Cobblestone Jazz, Apparat, Heartthrob, Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke, Ben Klock, and many more. “I wanted to do an analog mix, by hand. I like the mix because to me it’s the ideal club mix that I personally would like to hear in a club. It’s also a nice memory for me – I can remember every record being played by myself in a club,” comments Ellen.
Ellen herself contributed to the mix with “Just a Woman,” one of the tracks from last years Just A Man/Woman EP, on which she collaborated with Detroit-based producer Matthew Dear (aka Audion).
Label: Fabric London
Release date: May 8 (Fabric First Members) / May 14 (UK / ROW), 2007
01. Schubert – S1 (Don’t Believe The Chord – Pop Hype) // Statik
02. Larry Heard Presents Mr. White – The Sun Can’t Compare (Long Version) // Alleviated
03. Estroe – Driven (Jamie Jones’ Pacific Mix) // Connaisseur
04. Damian Schwartz – Tu Y Yo (Peros Nos Volvemos A Levantar) (Pilas Remix) // Mupa
05. Don Williams – Orderly Kaos // a.r.t.less
06. Melodyboy 2000 – Sound Stealer // Futuro
07. Artificial Latvamaki – It Is Not Now Either // Mezzotinto
08. Cobblestone Jazz – India In Me // Wagon Repair
09. Roman Flugel – Mutter // Klang
10. ? – Aaltovaihe / S?kh?
11. Thom Yorke – Harrowdown Hill // XL
12. Ellen Allien – Just A Woman // BPitch Control
13. Ben Klock – Journey // BPitch Control
14. Heartthrob – Baby Kate (Plastikman Remix) // M_nus
15. Apparat – Arcadia // Random Noize
03-23: Chicago, IL / Smart Bar
03-24: New York, NY / Studio B
03-25: Miami, FL / WMC – Pawn Shop Lounge
03-30: Berlin, Germany / Watergate (BPC Label Showcase)
03-31: Mannheim, Germany / TDK Time Warp