We have been talking to Eduardo de La Calle one of the hardcore Dj producers from Spain, ghost producer of many artists that we don’t even know… and a Life Changing experience with Monks and Isolated times deeply in the mountains. He shares some of his best fellings about music and how he see a Life where time and death just doesn’t exist. MedellinStyle gets you closer to the artist and connects you to the Culture.
1. How did spirituality and music develop or combine in your life? Would you say one came first and what spiritual or personal ideologies do you express through your music?
Well… now a days living out of the temple things for me are more difficult and my discipline is coming a bit more poor ,but i am still trying and i will come back to my higher level of discipline soon,but
for me is not a big problem to combine both ,actually I did that for years.
Music comes first and with it I trying to pass some signals publicly to see if some one wants to wake up .I think is my duty : )
2. You claim that there is some type of responsibility for knowledge, that knowledge requires activity and effort, and the importance of sharing these discoveries and insights. This also seems to play an integral part in your documentary BEATZ with informing the new generation of artists about the industry. How else do you express these concepts and insights outside of the documentary, through your performances and productions?
I prefer not lie and I must admit that to be a real human been and be a transparent and reliable soul ,this takes years some times or decades.
With my performances and productions i try to be as much authentic and honest i can ,and there is no any hidden message in to it ,so I am what I am and my music is what it is,so then you take it or leave it,simple.
when I try to do music in my studio for later consume by other people ,I try not only that people take drugs and go home after a long night,,, I attempt that people ask themselves questions and them find answers through music i play or
Being an artist to me it means have integrity with my self and the principles I do follow ,hard task : )
3. We’ve heard you have travelled over 1000 km to transport your equipment and gear to gigs. Can you tell us more about this time in your life? What is the longest time you have had to travel for by car in these situations?
Well, this was on the early nineties and yes it was 100% real ,at that period of time i did only live acts and was really difficult to get a place in the music industry so i decide to starting offering to all promoters around o good high quality
live act ,and it works !
The longest one was in Spain north in 1997 ,i did 2500 kilometers doing a live act with Marco Carola and Tobias in TIK club at Gijon ,was a looong loooong weekend : (
Vamos a ésta Fiesta !
4. If you weren’t a musician what would you be? What profession could you see yourself involved in if you never found electronic music as a career?
A spiritual Master definitly.
this profession is nothing to do with money ,but is the best one for humans 1000%
5. Based on your expertise and journey what advice can you give to the new generation of artists in terms of important processes or techniques you consider essential to push beyond their comfort zone and develop or define their own sound?
GO TO RECORD SHOPS AND BUY RECORDS ,AND IF YOU ARE LIVING ON A COUNTRY WITHOUT RECORD SHOPS MOVE YOUR SELF TO A CITY LIKE BERLIN OR LONDON
I did this when i was a teenager on early 90,s and i was working as a waiter and also cleaning big hotels to get money and survive to get records every week ,so tests my advice
6. Add a concept in front of each word. CONSIOUNESS : WE ARE DIMENSIONS : PART OF OUR JOURNEY MULTIVERSE : MILLIONS OF THEM UNIVERSE: MACRO MICRO, ALL OUT THERE IS INSIDE US ENTITIES: EVIL AND HOLY GHOSTS: RISK OF THE SOUL ALIENS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDueuZlI2Q LIFE: ETERNAL DEATH : DOES NOT EXIST TIME: DOES NOT EXIST